Friday, October 18, 2013

I wish

Recently i came across the the Smart Suraksha App on Google Play, and i can say that in today's troubling times where every step may bring unimagined danger for a woman , this app may turn out to be a lifesaver in most situations. 
The Smart Suraksha App is an Android Application that aims at making the women feel safe. This App, at the press of a single button, sends your message of help to five pre-chosen contacts from your contact list. An additional feature of this app is that along with your message for help, it also sends across your location even if the GPS on your cellphone is switched off.

When the Delhi student boarded the bus,

Where she was violated & stabbed, her dreams all turned to dust.

When she lay helpless for hours, worsening more and more,

I really wish she had Smart Suraksha with her.


When, on the way to college, she saw the eve teaser,

When he doused her with acid and left her to suffer.

When she could only scream in pain, her sight, now a blur,

I wish she had Smart Suraksha with her.


When at home I watch the news on TV,

I hear about a young woman murdered for dowry.

When I see her once smiling face, now trapped in a picture,

I wish she had Smart Suraksha with her.


When her child of only weeks, they forced her to abort,

Locked her in a room, left water on the floor.

When their own girl child they dared abhor,

I wish she had Smart Suraksha with her.


When I walk home late at night from work,

On a dark street corner I see someone lurk,

When beyond the shadows I fail to see,

I wish I had Smart Suraksha with me.


 I am participating in the Seeking Smart Suraksha contest at BlogAdda.com in association with Smart Suraksha App.
/*this post is written to promote the awareness of the smart suraksha appa in women*/

No comments: