A few days ago, on November 14th, Early in the morning I was woken up by the beep of my mobile phone. Groggily I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and opened the message only to see a "Happy Children's Day" message flashing in my Whats-app group chat.
"Its Children's Day! But I am not a kid anymore" I remembered with a sigh.
"So What?" argued a voice inside my head.
A smile slowly crept up to my lips, as I typed "Happy Children's Day to you too" in reply to the message.
This day always takes me tripping down memory lane. To my carefree childhood days. For me this is one day where I allow myself to indulge in a little childish activity and Spread a little of the magical energy that Children inherently bring to our lives. I believe in the saying "always keep your inner child alive".
So I went ahead to work that day and wished everyone a Happy Children's day. Some took it sportingly and reciprocated with equal enthusiasm, whilst some colleagues just Smirked at me from afar. A few of us who came early decorated the white boards with caricatures and cartoons to make us smile in the midst of our stressful work.
During lunch break I happened to talk to a friend about her 1 year old toddler. She mentioned that her baby did not eat unless she put on some nursery rhyme videos which he enjoyed and she needed to find a great source for such videos.
I volunteered to find and put together some nice videos that her baby would enjoy. Today as I was searching for just the right videos, I came across the Nursery Rhymes and stories put up by Kids Hut. A lovely collection of Rhymes which even I as a grown up could not help but enjoy.
What was taken up as a task for my friend turned out to be a fun experience as I remembered all my favorite Rhymes and started singing along. Here are the two of my favorites:
1) "JOHNY JOHNY YES PAPA"
According to the elaborate tales my mother tells me now, "Johny Johny ,Yes Papa", was the first Rhyme I learnt and apparently the one I would recite to anyone who would care to hear or even who didn't .
Right from childhood I had a sweet tooth.Especially when it came to chocolates. I used to sneak into the kitchen and forage out my favorite chocolates from the fridge. Somehow my parents always knew what was on my mind, but they sportingly acted as if they didn't know and waited till i would come up by myself and ask for their permission to eat the tasty treats. I guess in my own innocent way I felt I could relate with Johny who loved to eat sugar.
When I saw this video and the little boys innocent yet sly expression to his father asking him about eating sugar, I could just imagine how I must have looked while enacting this nursery rhyme.It would be something like below:
What do you have to say to this little girl version of Johny? :p
2)HUMPTY DUMPTY
Humpty Dumpty is another nursery rhyme that keeps being used as a reminder to me even after all these years. According to the stories my parents tell me, I had a fall like Humpty Dumpty once had. Thankfully for me, the rhyme ended at "Had a great fall". I had fallen down from the top of the dining table, and started crying when I remembered that Humpty Dumpty who had fallen down couldn't be put back together again. Thankfully the doctor was able to mend my broken arm and a dozen chocolates and kisses had finally consoled me.
After this incident I was rather careful never to climb unassisted on any surface that was similar to Humpty Dumpty's Wall. :)
I have finally selected all my favorite rhymes from Kids hut videos on YouTube and will show them to my friend. I am sure she and her kid is going to enjoy all of them very much.
This post is a part of Kids Hut activity
at BlogAdda.com

8 comments:
Very Nice... Thanks for finding nice rhymes for my baby..
Awesome Neha!! My favourite is johnny johnny! :)
Good videos of rhymes...Neha..
Liked ur version of johny johny ;).
And yes, it's good to keep the inner child alive in us.
Wow!!! Way to go Neha...
I usually dnt like to read at all... But trust me i kept reading till i finished it... And nice pics.. ;)
Wow I mean wow
It awesome dear. Keep up the good work....
nice..brought back some of my childhood memories...:) and johny johny version is cute :)
Post a Comment