Sunday, March 15, 2020

Words...


I always thought,
More often than not,
That good with words was I,
Yet, now I find myself,
At a loss for words,
Even at times when I try.

My words always had,
A mind of their own…
They wrestled their way out,
And demanded to be shown.
Rushing ahead, ready to spill…
With every slight flick of my will.

And yet now in times
When I try to say more,
They freeze, they hide and they disappear.
They shy away, scared and unsure
Of veering on a path, never taken before.

My words bare my soul...,
And shield what’s in my heart.
And it may take them a while,
To let down their guard.

So I try with borrowed words,
The ones I weave by hand
To reach out to people I care,
And hope they’ll understand.

That my words don't hide a secret,
Or a puzzle to unearth...,
They just need to be understood
From the depths of the heart.

No comments: