Sunday, April 26, 2015

Crash The Pepsi IPL Ads, In my style!!

For a Cricket loving Nation like India, besides the normal Seasons of Summer, Winter and Rainy,
there are two other seasons that have to be counted. The Cricket World Cup Season, and the IPL Season.
Like every Season has its own characteristics, these two sports seasons also have their own characteristics. In the World Cup season , one often sees different traits like High temperatures (may or may not be related to whether), High anxiety & perspiration levels (especially during India Pakistan matches) , Some Dizzy Spells (like when the team drops a crucial catch ) or the Soothing breeze of a kick ass Ad (remember the Mauka Mauka ads?).

Then comes the IPL Season, bringing slight respite to the highly charged "We have to Win" environment. After all , just like a competition between siblings, finally whichever team wins, the Cup comes to the same family. Here that family is our Country India.

I.P.L gives cricket lovers a chance to kick back & just enjoy the game. They can just Relax at home, Pop open a chilled drink (Pepsi? ;)) , put their feet up, get lost in the game and watch and enjoy the occasional Commercial Ads. Now who can ignore these Ads? .They have some way or another to get your attention. Either they are so good that you enjoy them or they are so bad that you cannot stop yourself from commenting on them.

Either way, We the viewers have unconsciously formed a rough vision, or an idea in our heads of what their perfect Ad should be and like to watch those kinds of ads more than others. Now Pepsi IPL has added another Fun factor into that equation. The  #CrashThePepsiIPL Activity, where we the common people can make our own ads and the winner gets  featured on TV between the IPL matches. What an exciting way, of letting the viewers watch the Ads they may want to see, the perfect ad they may visualize. An Ad by the viewers, for the viewers. (:p)


Not only that , we bloggers can #CrashThePepsiIPL in our own style by watching these Ads uploaded and talk about them!! Watch an Ad, and comment on them? Every Ad viewing Indians wish at some point or the other. ;) 






There are some Ads that you just cannot Forget, Some ads that you can easily forget, or even do not recollect having watched, then there are some, that you wish you had not watched.
Here are a few ads from the vast number of entries uploaded for #CrashThePepsiIPL , that got the wheel in my head spinning.. .


1) Served



I clicked on this video looking at the thumbnail of some mouth watering Indian dishes, wondering whether this will be an Ad featuring  someone Eating this food while drinking their favorite Pepsi. But when I watched the video, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it perfectly captures the Diversity of India & also the various IPL Teams, in such a tasteful (pun intended) manner. No dramatic dialogues, no excessive visuals, no problems of acting and getting it just right, It hits just the right spot. 
This is what they say:
"Whatever may be the food, whichever may be the state, there is one thing common , A glass of Pepsi , with Every Plate ! "


2) 

This Ad also works along the same concept of diversity in India. There is always something in common, to connect two people. Or in this case, some very competitive looking couples from different parts of India. The Punjabi woman seems to be taking this Food fight quite seriously up to the point of making faces at the southern couple. I found this to be give a slight comic effect to the Ad. Finally at the end of the food exhibition, when they find out their common interest , that one thing that gives them a reason to smile at each other,the Common Pepsi, I just want to say to them..."Why are you just displaying all that food? Just open the bottles & Dig in!!".



3)Living It:



I do not know , what it is about this Ad, that caught my attention, but I instantly liked it. May be it is because of the myriad uses of Pepsi bottles and cans shown, and how each is used to show various ambitions, emotions and ways of Living . I just liked the simplicity and use of situations to show this. 

4)Desire:



I can only say, the Ad has been shot really well. We can actually see, each person reacting to the sound of the Pepsi bottle opening and wanting to just chug it down.

The simple yet nicely put concept: "Its hard to resist the Temptation of a delicious drink like Pepsi.!" Also I found the Yoga instructors expression in the end giving it a much needed comic relief. 

5)Superstition wala pepsi


This Ad has made this list, not because of its brilliant concept, or nice acting, or comic timing. I am writing about this, because the maker of this video was able to get me to watch this video multiple times.Why do you ask? Because it took me around two attempts at watching it, to understand what they were trying to show here. 

First time I watched, I saw two guys in the room, one sitting on sofa and other standing at the door. Suddenly the one standing makes a sign language kind of action to the other fellow, and both of them run down the stairs and to the shop, while squashing a bug (or what looked like a weird bug). They get a Pepsi, get back into the room and then open the bottle.
I then saw the title, Superstition. wondering if i missed something I watched it Again, to notice that , one of the guys, "Sneezed" while getting out of the room. and then I guess the crushing of Bug counts.
I am still not sure what they are trying to say here. I guess, you have to be superstitious to drink Pepsi? Umm, guess you have to be superstitious to even understand this Ad. They could have explained it a bit more.

Check out the #CrashThePepsiIPL videos & participate in the activity at BlogAdda

No comments: